Friday, May 31, 2013

Can a Christian Freely be a Freemason???



The question that comprises the heading of this message is one that has been asked and answered countless times over countless years and the answer really depends on three things. 

1) Whether or not the person answering has truly studied all that he can about both Freemasonry and his/her Christian faith. 
2) Whether or not the information studied and learned matters to them. 
3) What they value most in their lives.

To the first, we have to point out several facts. About 95% of all the “professors” of Freemasonry have no clue as to what the actual agenda of their organization is. Freemasonry in all of its iterations (i.e. Prince Hall, Scottish Rite and York Rite) consists of about 33 different levels of knowledge, referred to as “degrees”. Whereas Freemasonry boasts well over 6 million members worldwide, only a small percentage of these ever progress beyond the first three degrees that are known as the “Blue Lodge”. The reason for this is that most regular lodge business is conducted on this level, so moving further is possible but not always encouraged. The truth about the organization is only revealed to those that achieve 30 degrees or higher, but even then only to about 5% of those that make it that far.

It is important to note here that most professing Freemasons see the exact same thing from within the organization as those that are on the outside looking in. Namely, a philanthropic organization that offers a fraternal bond and a way to serve ones community. They see an organization that boasts members within government, finance, military and even the clergy. Often the people they respect most are members and have been influential in their decision to join.

So, if this is what the organization is about, then what is so wrong with it, right? What could be wrong with an organization that can trace its history back to at least 9 of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, over 12 sitting U.S. Presidents, some of the most well known and influential scientists, researchers, authors and pastors in the history of our country, not to mention the rest of the world, right? I mean, surely if there were something “evil” about it then there wouldn’t be so many Pastors, Elders and deacons partaking in it.  At least that is what we would assume, but again, keep in mind that most of these have not progressed far enough to see past what they are presented with in the Blue Lodge.
What is that, you ask? Well the first three degrees are inundated with biblical language and corruptions of biblical stories. So much so that on the surface it would appear that it were solidly founded upon the Holy bible. In it you will find references to Solomon and his temple, to Boaz, Ruth and others (both fictitious and real). You are told and taught that Freemasonry is designed to help a “good man, become better” and that it will aid you in your personal walk with Christ. So, yes it is designed to make one believe that it is Christian in nature.

Ironically, the discussion of religion and politics is prohibited within the lodge.
Now, to the information that should stand out even to those of the Blue lodges. If you proclaim to be a Christian and are even remotely versed in scripture, then you will be familiar with the following passages, and I plead with you to be honest with yourself and whether or not we violate these commands by being a member of Freemasonry or not.
2 Corinthians 6:14-15 “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?”

I point out this verse for a specific reason. As stated above, the discussion of religion is actually prohibited within the lodge setting. That mandate was created to keep members from feeling alienated or separated. You see, ANYONE can be a member of Freemasonry, regardless of their religious affiliation, or even of their belief in God. In fact, one of the tenants of Freemasonry is that God is known by multiple names and that Allah, Buddha, Krishna, Aum, Rah, etc., are one and the same god. So, sitting within a Masonic lodge and acknowledging the “Grand Architect of the Universe” together with those that would profess belief in a god other than the God of the Holy Bible, is a direct violation of this command. In fact, when one becomes a Shriner (which most 32nd degree Masons do) there are placed on the altar a copy of the Holy Bible and the Quran, side by side.
Galatians 1:6-9 “I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.”

I mention this verse for an equally specific reason. But you may ask what that could be since no one is preaching in a Masonic lodge, right? Well, that depends on what you are listening to. As stated above, Freemasonry claims to be designed to make a good man better. And it also claims to lead the initiated to more light or understanding about the “Grand Architect of the Universe” (which is nothing more than a universal name given to god, or the supreme being). I have to ask a question of those that are at this point still finding themselves defending Freemasonry and saying that it is a Christian organization. If it be true that it’s Christian in nature and at its core, and if be true that it leads one to be a better Christian, then why I ask is Christ NEVER mentioned in any of the rituals or initiations??? A Christianity without Christ is one that cannot save any souls or make any man better! So, you see how again, being seated in a Masonic lodge and fraternizing under the system that Freemasonry claims to be is allowing yourself to sit under another gospel!

I pray that I have adequately proven my point that Freemasonry is NOT a Christian organization and is not based upon the bible.
Now I will venture to point out to you that it is truly evil at its core and its agenda is one that is not only to be avoided, but actively fought against! As I stated before, the truth of this organization is only revealed to those that seek higher degrees or “more light”. But you don’t have to achieve 30 degrees or higher to see the truth about who is actually worshipped in this pseudo-religion. In the book “Duncans Ritual of Freemasonry”, in the Royal Arch degrees there is a section that one must navigate past in which a secret name is given. This name must be repeated by a rule of 3 times 3 (note the similarity to the rule used in witchcraft), that being that it takes three members to pronounce the name. That name being “Jebulon” or “Jah-Baal-Aum”. This name is a self professed amalgamation of three different names, Jehovah, Baal, and Aum or On. So you have here Jewish, Syrian or Chaldean and Egyptian. A corruption of Gods name and His essence. Shocking, right? Well, we’re not done yet. There is a great contemporary of Freemasonry by the name of Albert G. Pike (yes a Ku Klux Klan member) that wrote a book called “Morals and Dogma”, which is widely accepted as an encyclopedia to Freemasonry, but was initially only intended to be read by those who have achieved 30 or more degrees. In this book he writes, “LUCIFER, the Light-Bearer .. Is it he who bears the Light?  Doubt it not!” Yes, it is taught and believed that Lucifer is the true “good god”. When studied for what it is one sees that the ancient Kabbalah is at the heart of Freemasonry and that the doctrines that are taught are truly Luciferian in nature.

So, not only is Freemasonry NOT a Christian organization, but it teaches everything that would be considered to be contrary or “anti” to the Christian faith.

Now, if at this point you still aren’t convinced, then at least you have some of the information before you and can at begin to study it for yourselves. I trust and pray that if you are sincere in your quest for true knowledge and freedom from this organization that God will show you the way out, just as he has with me. Yes, with me. I don’t just speak on things here that I ‘heard” from someone else, but that I have experienced and learned myself. I was a 32nd degree Mason and a Shriner, but God saw fit to pull me out of this deception and I trust He will do the same for anyone else that finds themselves in the position I was in.
I’ve been asked if I believe Freemasonry to be a threat to the world. I am not a conspiracy theorist so I would answer that by stating, it depends on your socio-political bent. But I will say that it is by far one of the greatest if not the greatest threat to the church at this time. I say this because it is comprised of millions of members and undoubtedly a great majority of those are professing Christians. That means that not only are lay members within the church but also Pastors and other leaders being taught a gospel that is not of the bible, but their drive to share the true gospel is being dampened since they are of the mindset that all religions or belief systems are equally valid. If we are led to believe that it matters not what we call God or how we worship Him, then there is no reason to share the gospel with someone of a different belief! And what’s more, if we are constantly taught that we can have a relationship with God apart from Christ then our own salvation is a stake.

This is a group that is in need of being evangelized and reached out to. Share the gospel with them and offer them not your judgment or criticism, but rather your love and fellowship. Realize that in most cases (as it was with me), their entire social structure and network consists of other Freemasons and Eastern Stars and letting it go will be something that is very difficult. They may feel betrayed, deceived and very angry. But assure them of the true light, that light and truth that is Jesus Christ!

Now, I realize that the common questions that will be asked are, “can someone continue to be a Mason or Eastern Star and just not believe what is revealed further in?” and “can we not make it into a Christian organization?”

To the first, no, because it would be tantamount to saying that “I don’t believe what al qaeda does, but I will continue to be a member because of the benefits to me.”
To the second, no, because ultimately it matters what is at the heart or core of any matter. If the desire is to maintain the fellowship and fraternal bond AND be obedient to Gods word, then I simply ask this, why not create a brand new organization that truly has the God, Christ and the Holy Bible as its foundation?
So, in closing, can a Christian be a Freemason? NO

About Barry Noack:
I am originally from Germany and, despite this fact, do not come from a '"church going family". I, of course, was raised hearing about the happenings of the protestant movement/reformation that occurred in Germany. But I was never put in a position where I could directly hear the word or be taught about it. Being a military family, we moved around a lot until we finally settled in Birmingham, Alabama. Imagine the culture shock of going from an environment where I had no contact with professing Christians to a place that is in the midst of the southern "bible belt". Unfortunately, even this was not enough for me to make a profession of accepting Christ as Saviour. After High School, I joined the military for a brief stint. Upon my exit from the Army I joined what is know as the "Freemasons" and quickly climbed the ranks (or degrees as they are called). I was entrusted with the title of "Grand Lecturer" and my responsibilities included the instruction of old and new members in the history of the "craft". I quickly grew hostile to anything Christian in nature and often attacked the validity of the bible and it's teachings. I manifested a Paul mentality if you will. One day in 2004, while attending church (yes a baptist one) with a girlfriend, I heard the gospel clearly presented and just two short months later professed a faith in Christ, the very Christ that I had condemned not long before. Shortly after this I felt a calling on my heart to defend the gospel against the very attacks that I had leveled against it. I say defend, because my area of focus is apologetics. I have never and don't envision myself ever claiming to be called into the Pastorate. I am far from perfect and am still learning how to walk this narrow path daily, but I strive to enlighten my brethren where ever I can. God graciously placed me in the church where I am a member today (Grace Covenant Baptist Church) and has put me under some loving and caring teachers of the word. I owe them more than they know.
To God be the Glory. Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: