Friday, May 8, 2015

The pretty wrapping on Sin: Alpha Kappa Alpha Idolatry and Deception (Renouncing AKA)

Greetings,
I want to start out by saying that I love each of you, however I am renouncing my membership and any activities affiliated with AKA. I've told some of you already, but please remove my name from the email directory, and any programs or initiatives. I know many of you will not understand where I am coming from, but I pray that you can at least respect my decision. In undergrad I worked zealously (as we all do, and did) in the name of AKA. Over the past year God has revealed to me that the zeal I had should be for The Giver of Life and Him only. I’m not saying you can’t be saved and pledge AKA, because I am saved and was still a member, but at one point I felt my life wouldn't be complete without AKA and this made it an idol (meaning I placed it before God in my heart) Even seemingly good things in life can be idols if we make them “ultimate” things. I do know that God is not pleased when we show allegiance to any other god or thing but Him. "You shall have no other gods before me.” (Exodus 20:3)

Please allow me to sow some seeds that will cause you to think about your life as an AKA. The Lord is the true God and Everlasting King, and besides Him there is no other. AKA nor “the guiding light” Ethel can do anything for us. God hardwired us all with a need for “light,” and then He lovingly supplied us with the floodlight of HIS Word. The Bible provides us with our daily guidance through this dark world. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path (Psalms 119:105)
Our rituals, however, say that AKA is the light and we gain wisdom and all things good from it which is a lie. (AKA Rituals pg. 52) “We know that our Basileus has a rich heritage from which to get her light. She and her cabinet get their light not only from the local Charter Members, but also from the National program and its ideals.”

It is not of God, and to those of you who say LORD, LORD (the children of Yahweh)…this is serious, and I pray that you open your hearts to the truth, and not continue to walk in darkness. This organization portrays good works, but (2 Corinthians 11:14, 15) says “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.” I ask that each of you look at our rituals, then research Hellenism and Hellenistic religion, and you will see that AKA along with other greek organizations is just that. In classical Greek religion, people were indoctrinated into mystery religions through initiation ceremonies, which were traditionally kept secret. These religions often had a goal of personal improvement, which would also extend to the afterlife. Ring any bells???
Why must we bow down in devotion to a “thing” (man-made at that) and team up with others to do good works??? (AKA Rituals pg. 26) “To our Founders, we bow; our purpose seal; I will, for honor of thy name, pass on the torch, pass on the flame.” (AKA Rituals pg.27 Basilues to Candidates) “Are you willing to be submissive in every way to subjugate yourself to the highest authority?” (AKA Rituals pg. 28 Candidates) “I show my submission by kneeling.”

Why does anyone need to make a lifetime commitment, a solemn vow, to AKA? We have the free-will to serve others on our own. Yet AKA teaches “Together we accomplish far more than ever we could as individuals. A backward look at our sorority reveals a history of which we may be proud. That glory is not mine not yours. It belongs to our predecessors, those women under whose leadership the sorority grew in strength and service.” (AKA Ritual pg. 34)
Let’s be reminded that Jesus is the light of the world, not the eternal spirit, Ethel, whom we hold so high in our hearts. (AKA Rituals pg.25) “Pass on the torch, pass on the flame; from whence the glory came; and eyes are on you as you run beyond the shining of the sun.” Glory did not come, nor does it belong to Ethel and out predecessors. It belongs to God! Let’s be honest, would Jesus really attend our rituals, because I remember them as being dark, and no light was in them? Our pledge is even deceptive. “To thee Oh Alpha Kappa Alpha, we pledge our hearts, our minds our strengths”…Sound familiar? (Matthew 22:37) Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” Then it goes on to say “To make thee supreme in service to all mankind.” We decree that in our lives AKA will be supreme (superior to all others, highest ranking, first,) and we exhibit this by the time, love, and dedication we give to it. Like I said, we work very hard for this man made idol, and an idol is anything that takes precedence over God.
We speak the words of “Invictus”, “Tune of Trees”, and the “Memorial Service Hymn,” without even paying attention to what we are saying.  “I think that I shall never know Another love that thrills me so, Dwells in my heart by night, by day, As does my love for AKA.”
Should the greatest love we know in life be for AKA or for God? It continues on and says,
“Secure I am at work, at play Of such are these—the AKA I think when I shall come to die There be no need to fear or sigh For if I've been an AKA Life owes me naught I've lived my day.”
Ask yourself…Is aka truly capable of giving us security? Can AKA offer eternal salvation so that we have nothing to fear after death? Let’s be reminded that it is not because of our good works that we are saved but by the grace of God. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8)
“All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away” (Isaiah 64:6)

This organization fills our mind with the idea that it will improve our lives when God is only capable of doing such things. (AKA Rituals pg. 29) “It is not possible to know if Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority will provide sweetness to the bitterness in your life, but you must believe that it will…It is not promised that the path of life, often strewn with thorns, will be more smooth as a soror of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, but you must believe that they will be.” Really?
God makes promise that He can keep while AKA tells you blatantly that it will not yet we still submit, and believe! I must admit that I had a great time pledging AKA and forming new relationships with individuals I still and will forever consider friends. We each have individual walks, and Let me reiterate that you can still be saved and be an AKA, but Our Heavenly Father wants all men to know the truth so I leave you with this…
1 John 1:5-7

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
I pray that you may turn from spiritual darkness, and walk boldly and whole-heartedly in the light of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love each of you and if you ever need me, do not hesitate to call. God is merciful and always there with open arms.

No comments: